Nyca Partners is hiring an Investment Associate in our New York City Office.
We just launched our second fund and are looking for someone to help us invest in the best global fintech companies. As an investment associate at Nyca, you will be a key member of the investing team responsible for evaluating new opportunities and helping us form views on which fintech sectors we should be spending the most time. In this role, you can expect to be exposed to the top thought leaders in the fintech industry and will come away with an in-depth understanding of how the legacy financial system and the fintech ecosystem interact. The role with Nyca will be for 18 months; reasonable exit options might be to get placed with one of our portfolio companies in an operating role or a strong recommendation towards business school candidacy. The associate role is an ideal position for someone who is looking to get experience in fintech venture capital and is pre-graduate school. If you are interested, please email your CV with a few reasons why you are a good fit for this role to: email@example.com.
- Help the investing team manage the investment pipeline. Tracking and responding to inbounds and assist the investment team in researching and evaluating new ideas and businesses
- Assist in research including creating industry market landscapes and maps for us to use in our investment theses
- Participate in the diligence efforts that allow us to evaluate prospective companies and present investments to our committee for approval
- Assist in creation of investment memos that act as the basis for information for our investment committee to make final decisions
- 1-3 years of post-college experience in a finance or consulting analyst role
- Must have strong communication skills (oral, written, visual)
- Ability to demonstrate analytical skills; Must be proficient in excel
- Must be able to work well in a team setting
- Healthy intellectual curiosity and desire to learn about fintech
- Prior financials/fintech experience is a plus
Nyca Partners is a venture capital firm exclusively focused on applying innovation in financial services into the global financial system. Our rich experience and deep connections in both finance and technology give us a unique perspective and ability to help entrepreneurs transform payments, credit models, digital advice, and financial infrastructure. We strive to form truly collaborative partnerships, offering investment capital and expert advice. The investment team is comprised of Hans Morris, Jeff Reitman, and David Sica; with Ravi Mohan as the COO. The Investment Partners are Osama Bedier, Brian Finn, Tom Miglis, and Charlie Songhurst.
Recent Fund Announcement: Press Release